You love to clean and detail your car, but there is one area that seems to be difficult for you to keep clean – your interior windows. From smudgy kids’ fingers to dogs licking on the glass, there are many hindrances that can make it difficult for that section of your vehicle to stay clean. Even when you have the time to clean the inside of your windows, the end result is streaky. Well, the Family Handyman has some easy tips to help you clean your windows.
Items You Will Need
The great thing about cleaning your interior windows is that it doesn’t require that many supplies. All you need to clean your interior windows are:
- Interior glass cleaner
- Microfiber cloths that have reversible cleaning and drying sides
- An optional curved reaching tool
Steps to Cleaning Your Windows
- Dry wipe – The first thing you will want to do is take a dry microfiber cloth and thoroughly wipe the interior windows of the car to remove dust and dirt.
- Grab your cleaner – After dry wiping, you will want to take your window cleaner and spray it onto one of your microfiber cloths. You do not have to douse your cloth with the spray. Just a couple of spritzes will accomplish the task. Family Handyman suggests that you do not spray the cleaner onto the window glass directly. Doing so could make the glass appear murky. Be sure that the cleaner you use is safe to for inside use. It’s also a good rule of thumb to have a cleaner that is intended to be used for glass.
- Use the cleaner on the window – You will take the microfiber cloth that has the cleaner and wipe the windows in a circular motion from the top to the bottom. You may have trouble reaching the windshield’s lower corners. This is where that curved reaching tool comes in handy.
You might also like: Take A Sip Of This Earl Grey Hot Chocolate
- Dry window – After cleaning the glass with the cleaner, you will need to take either the dry side of the microfiber cloth that you used to clean with the spray or use a new one. With the dry cloth, you will dry the window glass. This step is essential for a finish that is streak-free.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.