Fall is finally here and, along and cooler temperatures, the season brings the return of many people’s favorite sport — football. That means it’s time for tailgate food and watch parties, so put on your sports apparel and get ready. If your place has become the go-to spot for game day parties, you should check out these amazing tailgate recipes to keep your guest happy.
Easy Handheld Dishes
If you’re standing in a parking lot during a tailgate party, it’s best to have food that you can eat with your hands rather than utensils. Burgers, hotdogs, wraps, and sandwiches are perfect for tailgating. Here are a few easy recipes you can try.
- Turkey and Pepper Jack Roll-ups; You can’t go wrong with this simple recipe. All you have to do is is wrap turkey and pepper jack cheese in crescent roll dough, then pop it in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Mini Chili Cheese Dogs: A simple American favorite in bite-size chunks.
Amazing Sides and Finger Food
All gameday parties inevitably mean that some or all of your guests will find themselves balancing a plate on their knee at some point. To make their lives easier and avoid messy spills, why not serve a few finger foods?
- Elote: This Mexican street corn is covered in savory garlic, cotija, mayo, and cilantro.
- Jalapeño Poppers: Jalapeno peppers stuffed with cheese and bacon.
- Sweet Potato Chips and Blue Cheese: Bacon and blue cheese over a pile of sweet potato chips. Need we say more? Yum.
You might also like: Take A Hike At Grayson Lake State Park
Wings And Things
Buffalo wings are the reigning champions of tailgate season. If you can whip up a delicious batch of wings you are bound to become the MVP of your friend group. Give these recipes a try. They’re bound to score a touchdown.
- Chicken and Waffle Skewer: Chicken and waffles are a classic combination and putting it on a stick makes it easy to serve at a party.
- Buffalo Chicken Cheddar Broccoli Bites: This nutritious twist on a tailgate staple is done in only 23 minutes. Give it a try and your guests will be begging for seconds.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.